Thursday 10 April 2014

28 week scan update

I had my 2nd scan with the consultant at Royal London Hospital yesterday and I'm over the moon that we didn't get any bad news.

I wasn't looking forward to this scan as the last time I saw the consultant he seemed to rush through the scan, wouldn't answer my questions and wouldn't even let me have a picture of baby. Completely different to the consultant and nurses at Great Ormond Street who are very caring! This time though it was like I saw a different person, maybe I just caught him on a bad day last time.

He checked her over and measured her, although she is still on the smaller side she is within the normal range and weighing about 2lb 6ozs. He told us that there is no evidence of heart block which is our biggest worry right now so that was a relief!

We are also worried about her possible bowel obstruction but right now that's looking okay too although they can't tell us for definite until she's born. 

We then got a little surprise, he let us see baby in 4D! He was even nice enough to let us have two 3D pictures which I wasn't expecting at all. She is the double of Teddy, especially comparing both their 3D scan pictures.



Top - Teddy, Bottom - Baby

Towards the end of the scan I asked if he knew whether I would need to be induced, he has said that I defiantly won't be going past my due date but he hasn't decided how soon before that he would like her to be born. He has arranged another scan for the 4th June, I'll be 36 weeks and then a date for induction will be decided.

It's strange to think that the next time I'll be scanned there I'll only be a week away from being full term. This pregnancy seems to be going so fast. I'm planning on washing all of baby's clothes this weekend and making a start on packing my hospital bag as Teddy is going away with Joe's Mum and Dad for the weekend. I mentioned in a previous post that Teddy has never really stayed away from me, especially not for a whole weekend so I'm going to find it really tough, but I know it's going to be better in the long run because he's going to need to get used to staying with them especially as he will be with them for at least 10 days when the baby has her operation. 
I'm hoping sorting through all the baby's bits helps me get through the weekend. The house is going to be so quiet and boring without him!

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment