Sunday 19 October 2014

4 Month Update

I really can't believe 4 months have passed since I met my beautiful baby girl, I also can't believe how much she has changed in that time.

She is becoming her own little character now and is such a smiley happy baby. She has just learnt to blow raspberries which she finds really funny and is cooing away non stop lately.

She seems to be hitting milestones pretty well despite us being told that she'd probably be slower than a heart healthy baby.

So far she can:

- Smile
- Laugh
- Hold her head steady
- Roll from front to back
- Reach for objects and grab them
- Bring objects to her mouth
- Coo
- Stand with support

She had her first go in a door bouncer a few days ago, I was really nervous for some reason and thought she'd hate it but she loved it! Teddy found it amusing too even telling her to 'dance Harper'.

By the time Teddy was 4 months old we had started to wean him, down to health visitors advice because he had silent reflux, but I'm not planning on doing the same with Harper. I don't feel that she is ready at all and I think I'd like to try BLW this time as Teddy was weaned on purées. The health visitor has mentioned weaning earlier than 6 months on a high fat diet to help with weight gain so I'm not sure how this will fit in with BLW until I speak to her more about it.

Harper now weighs 11lb 13oz and is in 3-6 month clothes. She's very long though and think she will have to wear 6-9 month sleepsuits in the next few weeks, they grow too fast!





XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment