Sunday 11 May 2014

Teddy's 18 months old!

Teddy turned 18 months old this week, I can't believe how fast it's going. I've started to notice how much he's turning into a little boy now, he's changing so much and learning new things all the time.

He's started to tidy up after himself which I think is really sweet and loves to read books and learn new words. He now has 8 teeth that seem to have all come through all of a sudden as up until a few months ago he only had the bottom 2.


He's still small for his age and only just going into 12-18 month clothes, most of these are still really big round his waist and he's just gone into a size 5 in shoes.

The one thing we are struggling with is trying to get him to sleep in his cot. We had never planned on co sleeping and up until he was 8 months old he slept in his cot without any problems. It was when he first started teething that he started to get really upset being in his cot and we were having such a bad night with him one night that we just put him in with us, since then he won't go in his cot at all.

We really wanted to try and get him in his own room before the baby's here as I can see it being a nightmare with them both waking eachother up if they are both in the same room. If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them!

We tried him in a ready bed in our room the other night - he seemed happy with it at first and fell asleep without a problem, but once he woke in the night and realised he wasn't in with us he wouldn't settle until we put him in our bed.


We are off to my mums for a few days this week as we have decided I will stay there from 37 weeks until I have the baby - I'm going to do a separate post on this.

I also have a midwife appointment tomorrow, I'm not supposed to see her until 34 weeks but because of baby's heart defect she wanted to see me sooner. I'm glad because the past few days I've been getting really bad headaches that I can't get rid of, I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about. I will post an update tomorrow.

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment