Sunday 23 March 2014

I used to love baby shopping..

One of the reasons I wanted an early gender scan was because I couldn't wait to go out and start spoiling our baby, just like we did with Teddy (and still do).

But after finding out about her heart condition it's become really hard for me to buy anything for her. The main reason is at the moment we're not sure how long she will have to spend in hospital and how old she will be when she has to have her operation. I've seen so many pretty dresses and although I have caved and ended up buying a couple - most of the time I end up putting them back. It's silly because I know I can just spoil her once she's here and we know what's going on but at the same time I see posts from other mums that have been out buying for their little ones & I just wish I could do the same. 

Another reason is the sizing - we have been told she's measuring small but that could mean anything. Small as in really tiny or small as in just below average? I don't know whether to be getting tiny baby or newborn sizes. For now I have a couple of each and the rest will have to wait until baby is here. 

We still have some things we really need to get though - moses basket, car seat cover, changing mat & nappies to name a few but I think I'm going to wait until I'm around 33 weeks for all that.

Here's a couple of pretty things I have brought -




XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment