Tuesday 12 August 2014

Feeling positive...

I really should be in bed, we have to be up at 5 tomorrow as Harper has her first appointment at Great Ormond Street, she will be having an ECHO and I'm assuming we will find out what operations she will need.

She's been doing so well that I'm feeling positive we will get some good news, although I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I've been speaking to another heart mum who's little girl is 6 and also has Left Atrial Isomerism. She hasn't needed any heart surgery as of yet so I've started to think that maybe Harper won't need hers at 3 months old as was planned during pregnancy.

The consultant she saw at my hospital for a routine check up also said he'd be very surprised if they operated that soon as she's coping very well, he thought all they'd do for now is something called a banding to slow down the flow of blood to the lungs.

I know Harper has to have open heart surgery at some point so I have to be prepared that it will still go ahead next month, in one way I suppose it's just best to get it over with..but I don't think I'm ready yet. 

XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment