Tuesday 29 July 2014

One week old

Harpers first week flew by! We didn't get home from the hospital until she was 4 days old and spent the next few days just trying to get Teddy used to her.

He seemed to really hate her & me at first. He'd been staying with my mum while we were in hospital and had never been left for longer than a night before. He wouldn't come near me & I felt terrible everytime I'd have to pick Harper up because he'd get even more upset. I was lucky that Joe had some time off and was able to give Ted lots of attention. 

The midwife came round when Harper was 5 days old to weigh her, she was back up to of 6lb 10oz after dropping to 6lb 7ozs at 3 days old. I was mixed feeding her which was going really well with her taking around 2ozs every 3 hours.

She got to meet her grandparents and aunts and uncles properly as they hadn't been able to see her when we were I hospital due to all the tests she needed to have done. 

I can't believe how quickly the first week went, and how much she's changing already.


No comments:

Post a Comment